A car rolled over on Cardiff Road in Nanty Glo in Cambria County on Monday afternoon.
The calls came in to the Police shortly after noon on Monday.
The driver was able to get out of the car but was taken to the hospital. Cardiff Road was closed for a short time as the Police cleaned up the wreckage.
The Police believe the wet roads may be to blame.
Read more: http://www.fox8tv.com/News/NewsDetails.asp?NewsID=15152
September 2, 2014- One person was rushed to the hospital following a one car crash in the city.
Just before 3 this morning, emergency crews were called to that accident at West 10th and Peach Streets.
When crews arrived on the scene, they found a car had crashed into a utility pole, and while the driver, a man, was able to get out of the wreckage, the passenger, a woman, in the vehicle was entrapped.
Erie police say the car was traveling East on West 10th when, for an unknown reason, the driver lost control and hit a fure hydrant and a utility pole.
After being freed from the wreckage, the passenger was rushed to UPMC Hamot for treatment, as was the driver.
By New Castle News
The Douglas family was not home when the attic fan in their Highland Avenue home caught fire yesterday.
But thanks to a neighbor, who was not identified, their dog escaped safely.
He found the dog, a medium sized beagle mix, and got it out safely. The family’s other animals, which included another dog, two fish and a bird, were not injured. Phillip and Kayla Douglas and their four children live in the house, which is owned by Holly Hampe, according to the report.
By Dylan Johnson – Daily American
A pavilion at 470 Maple Springs Road near Jerome caught fire Friday when a brush fire in a barbecue pit grew too large.
Jerome Volunteer Fire Co. Chief Russell Miller said the fire spread to the pavilion and a nearby tree around 6 p.m. The fire only took five minutes to put out, but crews stayed to make sure it didn’t reignite.
Miller estimated the damage would amount to around $2,500.
“It’s dry this time of year,” he said. “They’re lucky the neighbor saw it.”
Other fire departments were also called but quickly canceled. Conemaugh Township EMS also responded.
Read more: http://www.dailyamerican.com/entertainment/photos/fire-in-jerome-consumes-pavilion/article_2ce4ce3e-2fdb-11e4-ab0f-0017a43b2370.html?mode=story
September 2, 2014-A fire in Meadville this morning sent one man to the hospital and damaged a home.
Firemen went to 758 Stewart Street around six responding to a bedroom fire.
Fire damage was confined to one room, but smoke and water damage was more extensive.
One man inside the home was taken to Meadville Medical Center for treatment of minor smoke inhalation.
No other injuries were reported.
Read more: http://www.yourerie.com/news/news-article/d/story/early-morning-fire-in-meadville/76014/45IYkFaN6E6ksjC9pyJzcg
A Cambria County Fire Department is making a switch that could potentially save them thousands of dollars a year.
We stopped by the Oakland Fire Department in suburban Johnstown on Monday to find out what it is all about.
It is what just about every homeowner, renter and business owner complains of every month when opening up the bills.
So the Oakland Fire Department took it into its own hands by simply unscrewing the bulbs and applying for a grant through Penelec Sustainable Energy Fund.
One by one, each and every light is changed to a LED light and the switch is estimated to save about seventy five percent annually for the Volunteer Fire Department where every penny counts.
Doing things like protecting the community and using the department’s donations to where it means the most.
Read more: http://www.abc23.com/News/NewsDetails.asp?NewsID=15154
By New Castle News
A home repair project in Mahoningtown on Monday turned into a 911 call.
New Castle firefighters were called at 1:19 p.m. and worked about 30 minutes to free a woman from a heating and cooling vent.
He said she found herself trapped in the vent which is wide at the top but narrows to six to eight inches and could not remove her leg without cutting it on the sharp edges.
Three firefighters employed cutting tools and hammers to bend the pipe and free the woman.
Kobbe said ambulance workers were evaluating the woman when the fire department left and he does not know if she sought hospital treatment.
Read more: http://www.ncnewsonline.com/news/article_38b56646-322f-11e4-bd33-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=story
By Mary Pickels Trib Total Media – photo by Mat Walter
The owner of an Elizabeth Township hardware store was cleaning up his family business that was damaged Sunday when a driver crashed into the storefront.
“We got a call that a young lady apparently lost control of her car and came into our two front (glass) doors. She smashed up the cashier booth,” Tom Walter, owner of the 59-year-old R.C. Walter and Sons True Value Hardware, said about the 10 a.m. crash on Boston Hollow Road.
No one was injured. Had the store been open, he said, employees would have staffed the booth and customers likely would have been near the storefront.
“We were lucky no one was here, or they would have gotten hurt,” Walter said.
Elizabeth Township police and fire officials could not be reached.
Buckets of driveway sealer burst inside the store, and the glass doors were “gone. She did a good job on them,” Walter said.
“There is no major structural damage. It’s mostly superficial,” he said.
The store was scheduled to be closed on Monday for the Labor Day holiday.
“We hope to open on Tuesday,” Walter said.
By Eric Slagle – Trib Total Media
An electrical problem is believed to have caused a truck fire in McKeesport on Thursday.
Marlon Barnes said he was driving the Ford F-150 pickup across the Jerome Bridge at about 12:20 p.m. when “smoke started coming from the hood.”
Barnes said he didn’t want to abandon the vehicle on the bridge. So he kept driving until he could get it off Lysle Boulevard. Barnes made the first available right and parked across from the Family Dollar store.
He said he ran into the store and asked someone to call for help.
Fire crews were on the scene quickly but not before the fire burned a hole through the hood.
Barnes said he was taking a load of wood and other debris from a demolition project in Glassport to Homewood when the incident occurred.
By David Highfield – KDKA
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Flames were relentless as they spread through the roof of the Hill Top United Methodist Church in Pittsburgh’s Allentown neighborhood Thursday afternoon.
Church members were forced to watch a building burn where so many memorable moments in life have happened for them.
Rev. Sue Hutchins says some workers were resealing part of the roof when it’s believed the fire started.
“Using a hot torch or something, and in that process they caught the church roof on the fire, and as they tried to put it out it was engulfed almost immediately,” said Rev. Hutchins.
She says the church is also the Allentown Senior Center, and she rushed over to make sure the few seniors inside at the time got out safely.
Pittsburgh Fire Chief Darryl Jones says he was concerned for his firefighters’ safety because of a fear of a backdraft or that the roof would collapse.