NORTH BRADDOCK (KDKA) – Firefighters battled an intense blaze in North Braddock.
It started Sunday afternoon at a house in the 300-block of Lobinger Avenue.
North Braddock Fire Chief Anthony Rydzak said only one person lived in the house and was able to get out OK.
“It was hard to get to all the way to the third floor,” Rydzak said. “It was just hard to contend with, it had a head start against us.”
Firefighters were able to get the flames under control, but the house in a total loss.
“It’s under control,” Rydzak said. “We’re just fighting some hot spots right now.”
No neighboring houses were damaged, but one firefighter had to be transported to a local hospital for a broken nose.
No word on how the fire started. It’s currently under investigating by the fire marshal.
Story by Hoopieworld.com / Photo by North Braddock VFD’s Twitter account @NBVFD207
On December 1st, 2013, prior to midnight crews were dispatched to 1016 3rd Street in North Braddock for a structure fire.
Here is a look at your Western PA Fire Rescue news for Sunday, June 28th, 2009. Pretty slow weekend all things considered. Hopefully things will stay quiet for a while.
- Yesterday there was a fatal motorcycle accident in Moon Township. [Tribune-Review]
- Chartiers was the scene of a fatal vehicle accident overnight. The driver was killed despite wearing a seatbelt, and a passenger was injured and flown to Allegheny General Hospital. [Tribune-Review]
- Four people were rescued from the Beaver River in Taylor Twp, Lawrence County yesterday. Reports are that one of the people pulled out has died though. Apparently the boaters were in a canoe that capsized. KDKA has the report and some video on their site. [KDKA]
River Rescue - KDKA
- A police officer crashed his cruiser in North Braddock last night. [WTAE]
- Lastly, in Erie a tractor trailer hauling materials for “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” had a little trouble and rolled over on his side. Luckily no one was hurt, but most of his load was destroyed pushed the project back a little bit. I hate when that happens! [WICU12]
06/10/2004 – North Braddock MVA
13′ high trailer tried to fit under a 11′ 10″ train overpass. Driver was possibly on the phone at that time of the accident. The truck was hauling 20 pallets of water to A.J. Silberman in Braddock. No reported injuries.
Report and pictures by Tony Sciscent
05/19/2004 – North Braddock School Bus vs SUV MVA
There were no students on the bus. The driver of the suv was entrapped for a short time
Report and Pictures By Tony Sciscent